Sunday, February 22, 2009

Forgot to blog for a few days....

Haven't blogged since Wednesday, but that is mainly because there has been nothing to blog about!

Thursday was just another day full of education classes, which is always interesting. My art class once again loaded me up with homework (I haven't gotten to any of it yet..oops) but other than that, nothing to report.

I did have a test in my education planning and assessment class on Thursday as well. I spent most of Tuesday and Wednesday freaking out about it, because my teacher is very very soft spoken, and I fell like I don't take a lot from the class. I made myself a study guide and studied like crazy for three days. I got the test, and the studying really paid off. I finished without a worry, except for the true/false question. I am terrible at true/false questions. I tend to second guess myself and ALWAYS put the wrong answer. Good thing they are never worth many points on the tests that I take!

Friday was nothing special at all. I had my field experience at Cathedral, and because it was Friday, I was alone in the classroom for quite some time. I graded some homework, and did some grade entering while the students were at Mass, and I can say it wasn't that bad. When the class was there, I got a chance to help a student that I work with in the tutoring program I take part in. The student I helped really struggles in a classroom setting, but when it gets down to one on one time, she is very intelligent. I actually got to use some skills from my Math Education class. Not quite sure how to explain it, but we were talking about doing some basic multiplication. I was excited to be able to help her out. I think she is truly understanding it!

Helping that student was such a great feeling, which makes me even more anxious to become a teacher!

My weekend was pretty fun. Just had some fun with friends and avoided school work at all costs! I really didn't have a lot of homework, so no big issues! I am currently watching the oscars! I look forward to this every year! I love movies, and beautiful clothes, so its the perfect fit for me!

Hope you all had a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Geek... a teacher in the making! Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Winona State University

The Beautiful Winona State University
One of the places I miss the most, WSU. GO WARRIORS!