Friday, February 13, 2009

RA Job = no.... MATH TEST = EXCELLENT!

Today was my second day in the classroom, and I am realizing I may need to find a different assignment for the year....

I really like the teacher and class that I get to work with, but because it is a Catholic school there are some downfalls. Today I spend a majority of my time alone in the classroom. This was a bit upsetting to me. I learned today that Friday's are days that the class attends Mass from 8:50-9:50. I am only in the classroom from 8-9:45, so this was a good chunk of my time. Miss Hogenson gave me the option of going to mass ( why would I, considering I am not Catholic) or staying back to correct papers. I am completely fine with correcting papers, but if thats what I do on all of the Friday's, it is going to get very old, very fast. Not only do they attend mass, but their recess is early on Fridays, so I spend even less time observing. I think I am going to try and stick it out, but I want to get the best experience possible and I don't know if I am getting it at Cathedral.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

After I left the classroom, it was time to go and pick up my RA notification letter. On my way over I was trying to convince myself that it was no big deal if I didn't get the job. Well when I did open it, and it did indeed say I was rejected, I was still pretty upset. I called mom and she was perfectly comforting about it!! ( THANKS MOM! LOVE YA!) But of course, as soon as I talk to her I start crying! Totally what happens whenever I am upset! But, it's all good, and I am going to live in a Quad suite instead with a couple of friends! :)

Despite being upset, I still had to take my math test. I think I did really well. I only really struggled with one problem, so I am hoping for an A! That would make this whole RA thing not a big deal at all!!

I am now done for the day and it's 12:35 pm!! Looking forward to a relaxing afternoon after I work out!

TGIF!

Hope you have a beautiful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to my Lu Lu! Do something fun tonight...you now have extra money! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Winona State University

The Beautiful Winona State University
One of the places I miss the most, WSU. GO WARRIORS!