Friday, March 27, 2009

End of a boring week!

What a week. I am happy to say that I am officially caught up in almost all of my classes! I have gotten a lot done, but I am indeed ready to be in the classroom and mentoring again!

This week I started my action plan for my diversity in education class. Now, I am not a big fan of this class because it is a TON of work, however, I do appreciate everything that I have learned about the State Standards for education in Minnesota. Walking into this class, I knew absolutely nothing about these standards. Now I have a pretty good grasp as to what they are and how I need to adapt my lesson plans to fit them. To be honest, these standards are slightly intimidating, but I am sure I will figure out a way to make them work in my lessons.

Also, I have a lesson plan writing class in which I had to create a mini-unit for a fifth grade class. Well, I chose a 5th grade class, mainly because it's my ideal classroom. I decided to a mini-unit on weather vocabulary. I chose weather because my little sister has shown interest in meteorology,something I know pretty much nothing about. I decided I would use this unit as an opportunity to learn more!! Not that I learned a ton, but I learned some interesting vocabulary words and what not. Maybe I will be able to keep up with that little spitfire when she grows up and is on tv. YEAH RIGHT!

Other then that, not too much to report. I am looking forward to the end of the semester. I just want a break from school in general. Nothing wrong in that right? I am starting to plan out the rest of my education in Winona. It's surprisingly easy to do. All of the classes seem like they are going to fall right into place for me! I would love if everything worked out. I did learn some scary news though. There is talk about development of a teaching reading minor that will be mandatory for Communications and Literature majors at all levels. Thats Me!! ahhhh!!!! I hope that it doesn't happen until after I graduate because I don't want to have to spend another year and half with a minor. Keeping my fingers crossed thats for sure!! I have my advising meeting set up for figuring out my classes next semester. I really just want this year to be over 1.) so I can move on in my education 2.) so I can get a well deserved break from school!!

Hope everyone has a phenomenal weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. my guess is that they wouldn't be able to make you pick that up this late in your game... I will call you before we leave! Have a nice weekend..I hate your phone!

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Winona State University

The Beautiful Winona State University
One of the places I miss the most, WSU. GO WARRIORS!