Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What a week!!

Monday morning started the busy schedule once again! No more spring break in Winona, so I had to start mentoring again! I woke up bright and early to head to field experience at Cathedral Elementary. It was really hard to wake up in the morning, but I am glad I did because I had a fun day in the classroom

Well, it was the first day back from spring break, so all the students had tons to share. A lot of the kids made trips to MOA over break, which makes me laugh, because its so close to home for me. About 5 girls also went to the American Girl Place Store, which I am in love with as well. Oh the memories!! Haha. Next, I got a chance to help kids with an Easter project. It was a really fun time. I got to help the kids make eggs out of papier-mâché and balloons. It was a messy project, but those are the best projects to do! The kids had a really good time. I almost had more fun then the students! By the time the kids were done with the project, and the cleaning up process, it was about time for me to go.

We didn’t have Mted on Monday, so I got a break until tutoring. I just kind of sat around, no big deal! Then I headed back to cathedral for homework club. Homework club was nothing special, just helped the kids with the typical spelling and math homework. They seem to all really respond to one on one attention, which is nice to see for sure. I am only there for an hour, but I get a chance to help kids, so it’s worth it. As soon as I was done tutoring, I headed to Belleview community center.

When my friend and I arrived at Belleview, we realized how few kids that were there. We only spent about a half an hour there because we had 5 mentors and 3 kids. We just decided it wasn’t really worth being there anyways.

Today was a fun day as well!! I got a chance to go on a field trip with Mrs. Hogenson’s class. We headed to Whitewater State Park to make maple syrup. It was fun to see all the kids get excited about nature. I had my own group to work with, which was fun. We spent 5 hours at the park. I really needed these 5 hours to reach my 40 hour goal for the semester. I had a really fun time working with all the students with different nature activities the whole day. We got back to Cathedral at about 2pm on the dot, and I am supposed to head to St. Charles at that time. I had emailed my teacher about being a few minutes late, but when I was running to catch the bus it was pulling away! I tried to catch the bus, but there was no hope. I just feel bad for Maria (my little) because she is going to have a boring day. It’s really not my fault, but I still feel bad. Oh well, I will make up for it next Wednesday.

Don’t really have much planned for the rest of the week. Hope everyone is having a happy WEDNESDAY!!

2 comments:

  1. See you will be a good Camp Counselor...maple syrup and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    http://grantsforeducation.info

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Winona State University

The Beautiful Winona State University
One of the places I miss the most, WSU. GO WARRIORS!