Monday, June 18, 2012

The Countdown is on :)

Okay, I'm lying, the countdown has been on since I accepted the job in AZ!  I am so excited that I will be making the move 5 days from today, June 23rd!

It is going to be one heck of a long journey down, but I recently purchased a FM converter for my ipod, so I should be entertained the whole way down! :)

I came up with an idea for my first bulletin board... if I even have one in my classroom? haha. 

I have a really nice political map of the United States and that will be the center of attention.  I will be taking a piece of yarn and showing my trip down.  I want to try and take pictures at state lines and put them near each of the states! 

I'm going to put a star on NYC because my sister LJ #1 lives there and I am also going to have students place pins on cool places where they have been. 

I thought it would be a cool way to show my journeys to Arizona!  

LJ #2, my younger sister, helped me to come up with a writing sample for the first week of school, as well.  It will go as follows:  "What would it be like to live in Minnesota?"  I thought the kids would get a kick out of this because I'm going to guess that most of them haven't been with in 200 miles of MN and will think it is all frozen tundra!


School also starts two days before the Olympics start... HOMEROOM OLYMPICS, here I come!  I hope other homeroom teachers will want to partake in this!  Could be a great bonding experience for the students! 

YAY! The clock is ticking and I'm going crazy!

Have a Marvelous Monday! :)

3 comments:

  1. I know.. you were doing a test.. to see if we'd catch the spelling error. I caught it! Bulletin. Very clever. Already presenting a pop quiz.

    ReplyDelete

The Beautiful Winona State University

The Beautiful Winona State University
One of the places I miss the most, WSU. GO WARRIORS!